Thursday 21 November 2013

Port Erin Chippy - Isle of Man

If you only have Fish n Chips once while visiting the Isle of Man, be sure it's at the Port Erin Chippy!

Had been craving fish an chips all day and were disappointed when we got too Port Erin and it was shut.  Not wanting to be deterred we waited the hour at the pub next door until 5pm for it to open.  Let me just say it was worth the wait.

The two of us both had cod and chips with mushy peas. My mum asked for hers lightly battered (as she always does) but usually they take no notice. When her fish came you could clearly see the difference between the two.

The fish was perfectly cooked, bright white cod, a really good size and batter nice and crisp. Sometime you get a fish and it's all batter no fish, Or the batter is soggy, these were just perfect. The chips were lovely and crunchy on the outside and fluffy inside. Also as they were home cut chips you also got lots of small crispy bits which I love. The peas came in a small chip shop carton in the side of the plate. At first I thought this odd and a waste of a carton but then as I thought about it I guess some people like peas all over their dinner and some just on the side etc.


Also I got a regular size chips (above) and my mum got the small, but I think small would of done me to be honest. Although   judging from the next pic you'd never of guessed. 


I think that says it all.

Definitely would go again and a big recommendation from me. 10 out 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment